Criminal Immigration and Deportation Defense
If you are a non-U.S. citizen being investigated or charged with an Illinois or federal crime, you must be very careful. Criminal charges and the United States criminal justice system are frightening for anyone, but especially for non-citizens. A criminal defense does not have to be a felony to appear before immigration officials. There are special criminal immigration issues facing a noncitizen who is charged with a crime:
• English may not be their 1st language, leading to miscommunications and misunderstandings
• The potential for deportation and being permanently banned from entering the U.S.
• The fear of separation from their loved ones and family living in the United States
• Loss of job
• Revocation of immigration status
• Involvement with federal offices including DHS, ICE, USCIS, EOIR and CBP (Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement, U.S. Citizenship, Executive Office for Immigration Review and Immigration Services and Customs and Border Protection), as well as the U.S. Attorney’s office.
Immigration criminal defense attorneys are experienced in the immigration consequences a noncitizen faces for a criminal conviction that a traditional criminal defense lawyer may not be aware of. Criminal Immigration is an area of the law involving cases that have both criminal and immigration issues attached to it. An experienced criminal immigration attorney knows how to fight for your best possible outcome and to reduce or dismiss charges and protect your immigration status in Illinois. If you are a green card holder or an illegal immigrant and are charged with a crime, it is critical that you consult an experienced criminal immigration attorney.
If you want the best possible outcome for your criminal immigration case, contact Godoy Law Office. Godoy Law Office’s experience in criminal law as former assistant state’s attorneys and dedication to immigration law gives us a distinct advantage that allows us to fight zealously on your behalf. We represent clients throughout Illinois from our offices in Cook and Dupage Counties. Call us today at 855-554-6369.