The deadline for the 2022 Green Card Lottery is November 10, 2020. There are only 2 weeks left to apply for the 2022 Green Card lottery. Online registration for the U.S. 2022 Diversity Immigrant Visa Program lottery (DV2022) opened Wednesday, October 7, 2020. The diversity lottery, also often called the Green Card Lottery, issues about 50,000 visas each year to applicants whose country of origin has had low immigration rates to the U.S. in the last five years. The DV program’s goal is to diversify the immigrant population in the United States.
• For DV2022, up to 55,000 immigrant visas (Green Cards) will be available.
• Registration is free: No visa application fees.
• All entries must be submitted on the Department of State’s online system at https://dvprogram.state.gov.
• Applications will close on November 10th at 12pm EST
• The Department of State randomly selects individuals by computer.
• Beginning May 8, 2021, Green Card lottery applicants will be able to check the status of their application on the Entrant Status Check on the Department of State’s online system.
• Selected applicants are not individually notified: applicants must check the online system.
Selection in the lottery does not guarantee an individual can become a Permanent Resident. Applicants must meet all qualifications for Permanent Residence.
The Diversity Immigrant Visa Program, commonly called the Green Card lottery, annually awards around 50,000 United States Legal Permanent Resident Visas to applicants whose country of origin has had low immigration rates to the U.S. in the last five years. The program’s goal is to diversify the immigrant population in the United States.
The Immigration Act of 1990 established the DV program, called a lottery because there are more applicants than available visas, and the visas are granted randomly to qualified applicants. Diversity Visas are available in six geographic regions and no single country may receive more than 7% of the available DVs in any one year.
To qualify for the green card visa lottery, foreign applicants
• must have been born in an eligible country and have a high school education or 2 years of work experience
• primary applicant needs to have a valid, unexpired passport
• applicants can apply for the lottery starting October 2, 2019, and ending on Tuesday, November 5th, 2019; and the winners will be announced in May 2021
• applications are completed online at dvlottery.state.gov
If you would like an attorney to review your eligibility for the Green Card lottery, or assist you with your Green Card application, please contact our office. Contact Godoy Law Office, our skilled Green Card immigration lawyers in Chicago, Lombard and Oak Brook can answer any questions about immigration and guide you through every step of the process.
Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties.
Se Habla Español