We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

do you serve in the us military but are not a citizen yet | godoy law office immigration lawyers

Do You Serve In The US Military But Are Not A Citizen – Yet?

Since 2002, USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) has naturalized more than 148,000 U.S. military service members at home and abroad. If you serve in the U.S. military but are not yet a citizen, you may be eligible to obtain naturalization through military service.

USCIS has recently updated its military naturalization qualifications. Non-citizen military service members have special resources for immigration naturalization benefits.

USCIS Resources for Naturalization Through Military Service

  • Naturalization Through Military Service
    If you are serving or have served in the U.S. armed forces and are interested in becoming a U.S. citizen, you may be eligible to apply for naturalization under special provisions of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA)
  • Citizenship and Adjustment of Status for Family Members
    Members and veterans of the U.S. armed forces and their dependents may be eligible for permanent residence and citizenship under special provisions of the INA.

  • Family-Based Survivor Benefits
    If you are an immediate relative of a U.S. armed forces member who died from combat-related injuries while on active duty, you may be eligible for certain “survivor” immigration benefits, including citizenship.

  • Discretionary Options
    USCIS recognizes the important sacrifices made by U.S. service members, veterans, enlistees and their families. To support these individuals, we provide discretionary options such as parole in place and deferred action on a case-by-case basis.

Learn More:

Are You In the Military and Need to Talk To An Immigration Lawyer?

Are you an immigrant who is entitled to benefits from your military service? Current or former U.S. military service members who need help applying for citizenship for themself or their families should seek guidance from an experienced immigration and naturalization attorney. The immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago and Oak Brook, Illinois, can help you with your immigration case. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 630-912-0322.   



Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association