We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

new option to get ADIT stamp | godoy law office immigration lawyers

New Option to Get ADIT Stamp

Green card holders (lawful permanent residents) can now receive proof of their LPR status by mail instead of going to a USCIS field office to receive an Alien Documentation, Identification and Telecommunication, or ADIT stamp (I-551 stamp). Effective March 16, 2023, new U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services guidelines

USCIS has implemented this new procedure to “improve services and increase flexibility.”

New Procedure For Receiving ADIT Stamp

Green card holders who call their local USCIS to receive the ADIT stamp will provide the required information to the immigration services officer, who will either

  1. schedule an on-site appointment for the legal permanent resident (LPR) OR
  2. mail the green card holder “a Form I-94 with ADIT stamp, DHS seal, and a printed photo of the lawful permanent resident obtained from USCIS systems.”

Receiving this stamp by mail is not an option for urgent requests.

Who Needs It?

A valid passport is necessary to travel outside of the U.S., and green card holders must prove they have LPR status. If a green card holder does not have their green card, an ADIT stamp in their passport or on their I-94 as proof of their status as lawful permanent residents. Green card holders may need this stamp to prove their status if:

  • they do not have their green card because it is lost, misplaced, stolen or unavailable for other reasons; or
  • their Form I-90 is pending adjudication, and their green card and extension notice have expired.

Did You Lose Your Green Card and Need an ADIT Stamp?
Talk To A Green Card Lawyer

We Help Clients In All 50 States

An experienced immigration lawyer can help those who have lost their LPR card and need proof of their status to travel outside of the United States. If you need help with your green card status, contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322.

Se Habla Español 

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association