• ceremonies may be shorter due to safety precautions to limit exposure to those in attendance
• attendees will receive a flyer with information and links directing them to the videos on the USCIS website instead of live videos during the ceremony
• all legally required portions of the ceremony will take place
• attendance at the naturalization ceremony is limited to the candidate and individuals providing assistance to disabled persons
Immigration Interviews and Appointments
Individuals with interviews and appointments must follow the USCIS safety guidelines:
• visitors are limited to the applicant, one representative, one family member and one individual providing disability accommodations.
• applicants should arrange to have their interpreter available by phone
Safety Guidelines for Visitors to USCIS Offices
• Visitors may not enter a USCIS facility if they:
• have any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever or difficulty breathing;
• have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
• have been individually directed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider or public health official within the last 14 days
• Visitors may not enter the facility more than 15 minutes prior to their appointment.
• 30 minutes for naturalization ceremonies
• Hand sanitizer will be provided for visitors at entry points.
• Visitors must wear facial coverings that cover both the mouth and nose when entering facilities.
• Visitors may be directed to briefly remove their face covering to confirm identity or take their photograph.
• Visitors should pay close attention to signs, markings and barriers to ensure they follow social distancing guidelines.
• Visitors are encouraged to bring their own black or blue ink pens.
For More Information See: USCIS Preparing to Resume Public Services on June 4
The immigration lawyers at Godoy Law Office’s office is open:
• Our office is open for normal business hours and you can schedule a consultation with an immigration attorney to discuss your case.
• Our legal team has the technology and resources to work remotely and continue to serve our clients during this time. We will conduct consultations by phone or video chat until further notice.
Call us today at 630-912-0322 to answer any questions about immigration, help you file an immigration application and guide you through every step of the immigration process.
AREAS WE SERVE: Godoy Law Office Immigration Lawyers serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties