Construction Starts on Texas Border Wall
Texas has officially started construction on the Texas Border Wall to fill in the gaps where the federal wall stops. The 1.7 mile wall stretch will fill gaps remaining in the existing federal border wall. Texas Governor Greg Abbott announced that work has begun to complete the wall along the state’s southern border with Mexico, which was started by former President Donald Trump’s administration. The project uses the same construction company used by the federal government but is using “state land, state money” instead of federal funding.
President Biden’s administration stopped the federal border wall project. One of his top campaign pledges was to stop building the wall, and to end the “National Emergency” that allowed the Department of Defense to build a wall along the southern border of the United States. Biden pledged to invest in “improving screening infrastructure at our ports of entry” to keep America safer.
FAQs About the Texas Border Wall
• The Texas border wall project is part of Abbott’s “Operation Lone Star” to combat the alleged “smuggling of people and drugs into Texas.”
• $750 million of a border security spending bill will go toward the construction of a “border barrier” in addition to $250 million the state paid over the summer as a down payment for the wall.
• Border wall panels were put in place the week of December 13 on the edge of Starr County in the Rio Grande Valley.
• On a Fox Business interview, “Abbott said $3 billion of tax payer money has been contributed to border security efforts. He said the wall will cost less than it did for the Trump administration” because “unlike the Trump administration, we’re not having to devote money to acquire the land…The state of Texas owns [land] on the border itself.”
• Abbot also said, “property owners of massive acreage on the border who are fed up with Biden’s open border policies, and they are donating their land to Texas for us to be able to use that land for free to build a wall on their property.”
Do You Need Help With An Immigration Issue? Contact a DuPage Immigration Lawyer for Help
If you have questions about your immigration status, we can schedule an evaluation or attorney consultation to answer your immigration questions. Contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322, our skilled immigration lawyers in Chicago, Lombard and Oak Brook can answer any questions about immigration and guide you through every step of the process.
Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties.
Se Habla Español