Executive Order Reestablishes Task Force On New Americans
On February 2, President Biden signed an executive order to reestablish the Task Force On New Americans. The Obama-era task force was implemented in 2014 to help integrate immigrants into American communities.
“The basic idea of welcoming immigrants to our shores is central to our way of life — it is in our DNA. We believe our diversity, our differences, when joined together by a common set of ideals, makes us stronger, makes us more creative, makes us different. From all these different strands, we make something new here in America.”President Barack Obama, July 4, 2014
Biden’s order is intended to restore faith in America’s legal immigration system, and to strengthen integration and inclusion efforts for new Americans:
• help immigrants settle in their new country
• maximize the use of federal resources in promoting integration
• gather input and provide recommendations on successful integration practices
• encourage volunteerism among both U.S. citizens and new immigrants
• provide training and technical resources to organizations that serve immigrants
On his first days in office, President Biden reversed many of the Trump administration’s policy to severely restrict immigration:
Cook County Immigration Attorney
The experienced immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago and Lombard offer assistance in immigration matters and advise immigrants looking to secure status as permanent residents through the process of applying for a Green Card or citizenship. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 855-554-6369.