We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

An immigration officer may come to your home. However, the immigration officer may not enter your home without your consent. In fact, you do not have to let any officer into your home unless they have an arrest warrant or a search warrant.

If a police officer has an arrest warrant, they are legally allowed to enter the home of the person named in the warrant. A valid arrest warrant must be signed by a judicial court Judge.

An immigration officer may attempt to show you a warrant of removal/deportation (Form-I-205) to gain access to your home. This type of warrant is an administrative warrant. It does not allow an immigration officer to enter your home without your consent. These warrants are not signed by a Judge. They are not issued by any court.

If you are serving out a court sentence or probation, then likely you have already agreed to allow a police or probation officer to enter your home. Not allowing a police or probation officer into your home may be a violation of your sentence. However, an immigration officer is not allowed to enter your home even when you are serving out a court sentence or probation.

If you need any help because you or a loved one have been arrested, please call us at 855-554-6369 for a consultation.

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association