H-1B Cap Registration Opens March 1
USCIS announced that tech and other specialty occupation employers will be able to register for H-1B visas to add foreign workers beginning March 1. US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced the FY 2024 H-1B cap registration period will run from noon ET March 1 through noon March 17, 2023.
The H-1B visas are in high demand for jobs in tech and engineering fields. They have a duration of three years with an option to renew for another three years. If USCIS receives a sufficient number of registrations by March 17, the agency will hold a randomized lottery to select visa recipients for the fiscal year 2024.
- The H-1B program has an annual cap of 65,000 visas, plus an additional 20,000 for workers with advanced degrees.
- Petitioners for cap-subject H-1B visas must submit an online registration during the registration period for each prospective H-1B candidate.
- Petitioners or their representatives must submit registrations via a myUSCIS online account and pay a $10 filing fee for each registration.
- Petitioners whose registrations are selected in the lottery will be invited to file full H-1B petitions during the 90-day period beginning April 1.
For each H-1B cap visa entry, USCIS will require
- the employer’s name, employer identification number (FEIN) and address
- employer’s representative contact information
- the beneficiary’s full name, date of birth, country of birth, country of citizenship, gender and passport number
- if the beneficiary has obtained a master’s degree from a US institution of higher education
- employer’s attorney information
USCIS received a record 484,927 H-1B registrations last year.
- What To Do If You Are Not Selected in the Lottery, or Your H-1B Is Denied
- Weren’t Selected in the H-1B Lottery? Consider These Alternatives
DuPage and Cook County Business Immigration Lawyer
A business immigration lawyer works with both employers who want to hire skilled foreign workers and foreign nationals who want to come to the United States to work temporarily or permanently. Contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322. Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area, including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties.
Se Habla Español