In our weekly series Immigration Minute, immigration attorney Mario Godoy gives you the week’s immigration news and updates in 1 minute. Mario shares this week’s immigration update on February 22, 2021.
Welcome to the Immigration Minute with Godoy Law Office, where we give you the recent immigration updates in a minute.
This week we cover the U.S Citizenship Act of 2021. On February 18th the White House introduced its immigration reform bill.
The proposed law includes:
• A plan for an eight-year pathway to citizenship for undocumented immigrants in the U.S prior to January 1st of 2021. Now, Dreamers, farmworkers and TPS holders would immediately be eligible for a Green Card.
• Visas would be immediately available for the spouses and children under the age of 21 of Green Card holders.
• It removes the three and ten-year bars to re-entry for individuals that previously lived illegally in the United States. This provision alone will keep more immigrant families together.
• There are more protections for children and other vulnerable people in the immigration courts, providing funds for an attorney and eliminating the one-year limit for filing asylum cases.
• Increased protections for immigrants, reporting work violations and stiffer penalties for employers that knowingly hire undocumented immigrants.
Please feel free to call us with your immigration questions.
Our office is committed to protecting your American Dream.
GODOY LAW OFFICE
If you have need assistance with your immigration case or have questions about your immigration status, we can schedule an evaluation or attorney consultation to review your situation.Contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322, our skilled immigration lawyers in Chicago, Lombard and Oak Brook can answer any questions about immigration and guide you through every step of the process.
Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties.
Se Habla Español
Areas of Practice: Immigration Law | Criminal Defense | Appeals