#CelebrateImmigrants June is National Immigrant Heritage Month 2022
On May 31, President Biden signed a proclamation declaring that June 2022 is National Immigrant Heritage Month. Established in 2014 by President Barack Obama, National Immigrant Heritage Month #CelebratesImmigrants who are part of America’s DNA.
This National Immigrant Heritage Month, we honor our immigrants and recommit to remaining a country worthy of their dreams and aspirations, a Nation true to our enduring values, and a democracy that forever stands as a beacon of hope to the world.
– President Joe Biden
Chicago takes pride in being “the most immigrant-friendly city in the world.” In 2019, Chicago was rated the most welcoming U.S. city for immigrants. In Illinois and across the country, throughout June communities will celebrate immigrants’ heritage and contributions to the nation:
- sharing the stories of the immigrants that make America what it is today
- supporting diversity in our nation
- on June 15, the National Immigrant Justice Center in Chicago will hold the 23rd Annual Human Rights Awards
Stats On Immigration in America
- about 13% of the U.S. population is of recent immigrant origin, according to PEW Research
- immigrants added $2 trillion to the U.S. GDP in 2016
- immigrants paid $458.7 billion to state, local, and federal taxes in 2018
- 45% of companies founded by immigrants or their children generated $16.1 trillion in revenue in 2018, according to New American Economy
- 44% of companies on the Forbes 500 list were created by immigrants or by children of immigrants, according to a study by New American Economy
An Immigrant Protecting the Rights of Other Immigrants: Chicago Immigration Attorney Mario Godoy
The dedicated immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago and Oak Brook can help you achieve your American Dream. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 630-912-0322.