Vice President Harris Named Point Person On Immigration
President Biden name Vice President Kamala Harris the point person on immigration and Southern border issues. In announcing the strategy on March 24, Biden said “I can think of nobody who is better qualified to do this.” Representing the administration on all immigration and southern border issues will include:
• working to slow the flow of “irregular migrants” by addressing “the root causes” that prompt them to leave their home countries
• strengthening relationships with Mexico and the Northern Triangle countries where the bulk of the migrants arriving at the U.S. border come from
The Biden administration has been under pressure due to the increase of migrants – many of them unaccompanied children – arriving at the U.S. border with Mexico. A senior administration official said. “She’s going to be working to implement a long-term strategy that gets at the root causes of migration.”
Why Is Harris Uniquely Qualified On Immigration Issues?
Vice President Harris is uniquely qualified to be the Biden administration’s point person on immigration issues:
• Vice President Kamala Harris is a 1st generation American, the child of immigrants from Jamaica and India
• Harris is an attorney who has handled civil rights and asylum cases
• Harris was very vocal against former President Trump’s family separations policy
• As California’s attorney general, Harris was active in securing pro bono legal assistance to children separated from their parents from major law firms
Chicago Immigration Attorney
The experienced immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago and Lombard offer assistance in family-based immigration matters to a range of people, including spouses, same-sex couples, fiancés, parents and children. We can also advise immigrants looking to secure status as permanent residents through the process of applying for a green card or citizenship. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 855-554-6369.