What Is An Immigrant Investor Visa?
The U.S. EB-5 immigrant investor program promotes economic growth through foreign investment and encourages immigrant entrepreneurs to move to the United States and become permanent residents. An E-B5 immigrant investor visa is an opportunity for a foreign immigrant to invest in a business in the United States and to get a Green Card for themself and their family. The EB-5 immigrant investor visa offers priority processing of a permanent resident status with no work requirement.
1. A foreign investor must invest $ 900,000 for a period of five years on a targeted employment area (TEA) project approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS).
2. The standard non-TEA minimum investment for an immigrant investor is $1.8 million.
3. Each application must create at least 10 new jobs and enables such an investor and his or her family to immigrate to the United States permanently.
The foreign investor must:
• Be able to demonstrate the investment funds were legally obtained.
• Have a written business plan that demonstrates how the business will create new jobs for Americans.
4. The current cap allocates only 10,000 slots to such foreign investors, their spouse and their unmarried family members under the age of 21.
5. There is a 2-year conditional permanent residency. After they are approved and if the immigrant investor is already living in the U.S., they can then adjust their status from non-immigrant to permanent resident.
To apply for an E-B5 visa immigrant applicants must complete Form I-924, Application For Regional Center Designation Under the Immigrant Investor Program.
A business immigration attorney can help immigrant investors and entrepreneurs move to Illinois and move their business to the U.S. or invest in an existing business in the United States.
Immigrant Investor Visa
Godoy Law Firm’s business immigration attorneys can help immigrant investors and entrepreneurs move to Illinois. If you have a question about immigration investment or an EB-5 Green Card, contact Mario Godoy and the immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago, Illinois at 630-912-0322,
AREAS WE SERVE: Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will, and Lake Counties