What Is the USCIS Case Status Online Tool?
The USCIS case status online tool allows you to track the status of your application, petition or request. You can check your immigration case status online by entering a receipt number. The status online tool is a quick and efficient way to help you monitor where your application is at in the process, calculate processing timelines for different USCIS service centers as well assess a possible date of adjudication for your immigration petition.
You can access the USCIS case status online tool here: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do.
How To Find Your Receipt Number For the USCIS Case Status Online Tool
USCIS assigns and issues a unique 13-digit case number to every visa application that is filed to track and manage cases. A Receipt Notice, Form I-797C, Notice of Action, is an official legal document from USCIS to prove that they have received your immigration petition. Your receipt notice will contain your receipt number, which you can use to check your case status online at the USCIS official website or when talking to USCIS staff.
The first 3 characters of your receipt number identify the particular service center where the application is being processed. The USCIS service centers that handle visa applications are:
- MSC: National Benefits Center
- NBC: National Benefits Center
- EAC: Vermont Service Center (formerly known as Eastern Adjudication Center)
- VSC: Vermont Service Center
- WAC: California Service Center (formerly known as Western Adjudication Center)
- CSC: California Service Center
- LIN: Nebraska Service Center
- NSC: Nebraska Service Center
- SRC: Texas Service Center (formerly known as Southern Regional Center)
- TSC: Texas Service Center
- YSC: Potomac Service Center
Do You Have Questions About Your Case Status or Receipt Notice?
U.S. immigration law can be confusing. If you would like to discuss your situation with an experienced immigration attorney, please contact our office. We can schedule an attorney consultation to help you. Please call us today at 630-912-0322 or use the contact form to email us.
Se habla español.
AREAS WE SERVE: Godoy Law Office Immigration Lawyers serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties