We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

This Father’s Day, Help Dad Achieve The American Dream and Become A Citizen

Dads put a priority on protecting their families and helping them achieve their dreams. But fathers have dreams too, and if your father is an immigrant you can help him achieve his American Dream and become a citizen. Navigating the citizenship process is confusing and can seem overwhelming. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can help your Dad obtain his citizenship or Green Card and provide him with peace of mind and security. American citizenship or becoming a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR – Green Card holder) will provide your father with protection and peace of mind. Naturalized citizens are entitled to all the benefits of an American-born citizen. This Father’s Day, help dad become a citizen.

Family unity is one of the primary goals of immigration policy in the United States. A U.S. citizen or Green Card holder can file a visa petition to bring family members to the United States, an action often known as sponsoring a family member. Fathers and Mothers of U.S. citizens are categorized as “Immediate Relative.” but have to undergo regular petition and application processing times until they are granted a Green Card. To apply for a Green Card for Immediate Relatives applicants are not constrained by the annual immigration limits, but the processing time can vary.

How To Help Dad Achieve The American Dream and Become a Citizen

To apply for a Green Card for your father to live in the United States as a Green Card holder, you must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old. Green Card holders (permanent residents) may not petition to sponsor their father to live permanently in the United States but can sponsor their father for a temporary visa to live in the U.S.

WATCH: Chicago Immigration Lawyer Mario Godoy Explains How to Apply For a Green Card For Your Father

DuPage County Citizenship Attorney

To ensure that every step of your journey to citizenship has the best opportunity for a successful outcome, a skilled immigration attorney can put their experience to work for you and review your circumstances to help you make the decisions to help you succeed. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office at 630-912-0322.  

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association