We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

what to do if you receive a denial notice from immigration court | Godoy Law Office Immigration Lawyers

What To Do If You Receive a Denial Notice from Immigration Court

Submitting an immigration application is an accomplishment on your journey to achieve the American Dream. Unfortunately, there is also the chance that your visa application may be denied. A denial notice from immigration court that your green card, adjustment of status or other immigration petition is denied can be very frustrating, and cause anxiety about your future, but you do have options to get your immigration petition approved.

There can be many reasons that someone receives a denial notice from immigration court:

• Your application may be incomplete and missing evidence, documents, fees and other required information.
• USCIS may have doubts about your qualifications and eligibility for your application based on your immigration interview.
• You may have missed critical deadlines.
• As a matter of law, you may not be entitled to the benefit you applied for.

If you appeal your denial and you submit the additional required information, you are not guaranteed that USCIS will accept your application.

What to Do If You Receive a Denial

Typically, USCIS gives you an opportunity to respond to a denial notice. You should take your denial notice to an experienced immigration attorney, along with any additional documents, applications and evidence for your immigration petitions. This is not the end of your immigration case, and a skilled immigration attorney can help you submit the requested information and help you get the best possible outcome for your case.

Depending on your situation, some actions your immigration attorney may take include:

• file a Motion to Reopen or Reconsider to present new facts or to demonstrate to USCIS that certain facts were overlooked
• file a Service Motion to Reopen the case due to an error by USCIS
• file an appeal to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA)
• refile your application
• sue USCIS in federal court

An experienced immigration attorney can advise you on the best action to take In response to receiving a denial notice from immigration court. Reach out to an immigration attorney today to learn more about your options.

Petition Denied? Contact an Illinois Immigration Lawyer for Help

Having an experienced immigration attorney review your denial from immigration court and help you prepare a strong response package to USCIS is your best chance to get a good outcome on your immigration application. We can schedule a denial evaluation or attorney consultation to help you. Contact Godoy Law Office, our skilled immigration lawyers in Chicago, Lombard and Oak Brook can answer any questions about immigration and guide you through every step of the process. Call us today at 630-912-0322

Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties. 

Se Habla Español 

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association