We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

are you a foreign born US military member and want to become a citizen | godoy law office immigration lawyers

Are You A Foreign Born US Military Member and Want To Become A Citizen?

Nearly 20% of the United States Army during WWI was foreign-born. Congress rewarded their service by creating a faster way for immigrant service members to become #NewUSCitizens, which allowed more than 300,000 WWI soldiers and veterans to become citizens. 

Immigrant service members have been integral to keeping America safe and strong throughout our nation’s history. From the Revolutionary War to the present, immigrants have served and sacrificed for our country. Many foreign born military members are proud Americans. And are an important part of the diversity that makes up the United States. 

Naturalization for a Foreign Born US Military Member

A foreign born US military member and former service member who is not a United States citizen is entitled to certain benefits in appreciation of their service. Due to their military service, immigrant military service members have special immigration law benefits – including naturalization benefits

Download our free guide Naturalization for Non-Citizen Military Members. With an overview of the naturalization benefits non-citizen military members are entitled to and some background information and important facts you’ll want to know about becoming a US citizen.

Are you a current or former military member who wants to become a US Citizen?
We can help.

Don’t try to navigate the complicated USCIS immigration system alone. Because a simple mistake or missed deadline can cause your application to be delayed – or denied. An immigration lawyer with experience working with military members can answer your questions and help you achieve your American Dream.

When you’re ready to hire an immigration attorney, Mario Godoy and the experienced immigration lawyers at Godoy Law Office. He offers assistance in immigration matters, including naturalization, business- and family-based visas, green cards and deportation defense. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 630-912-0322.

We help clients in all 50 states.

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association