We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

This Mother's Day, Give Mom The Gift Of Citizenship | Chicago Criminal Defense Attorney Mario Godoy

This Mother’s Day, Give Mom The Gift Of Citizenship

Navigating the immigration process is confusing and can seem overwhelming. If you are a U.S. citizen, you can help your Mom obtain her citizenship or Green Card and provide her with peace of mind and security. American citizenship or becoming a Legal Permanent Resident (LPR – Green Card holder) will provide your mother with protection and peace of mind. Naturalized citizens are entitled to all the benefits of an American-born citizen. This Mother’s Day, give mom the gift of citizenship.

Family unity has been one of the primary goals of immigration policy in the United States. A U.S. citizen or Green Card holder can file a visa petition to bring family members to the United States, an action often known as sponsoring a family member. Mothers and Fathers of U.S. citizens are categorized as “Immediate Relative.” but have to undergo regular petition and application processing times until they are granted a Green Card. To apply for a Green Card for Immediate Relatives applicants are not constrained by the annual immigration limits, but the processing time can vary.

How To Sponsor Your Mother for Citizenship or a Green Card

To apply for a Green Card for your mother to live in the United States as a Green Card holder, you must be a U.S. citizen and at least 21 years old. Green Card holders (permanent residents) may not petition to sponsor their mother to live permanently in the United States but can sponsor their mother for a temporary visa to live in the U.S.

WATCH: Chicago Immigration Lawyer Mario Godoy Explains How to Apply For a Green Card For Your Mother

DuPage County Immigration Attorney

To ensure that every step of your immigration process has the best opportunity for a successful outcome, a skilled immigration attorney can put their experience to work for you and review your circumstances to help you make the decisions to help you succeed. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office at 630-912-0322.  

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association