We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

National Grandparents Day

National Grandparents Day is September 11: Do You Want to Sponsor Your Parents For A Green Card?

Family reunification is an important part of United States immigration policies. Family reunification is the best opportunity for someone to qualify to live and work in America as a lawful permanent resident. This is commonly called a green card holder. Do you want to sponsor your parents for a green card? Now is an excellent time to help them apply to become U.S. permanent residents.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) released a new mission statement on February 9, 2022, prioritizing family reunification. In announcing USCIS’ new mission statement, USCIS Director Ur M. Jaddou said:

 “This new mission statement reflects the inclusive character of both our country and this agency. The United States will remain a welcoming nation that embraces people from across the world who seek family reunification, employment, or professional opportunities, and humanitarian protection.”

Why People Sponsor Their Parents

If you immigrated to America and are a U.S. citizen, do you want to give the American Dream to your parents and sponsor them for a green card? (Green card holders cannot sponsor their parents for a green card.) The green card processing time is much faster for immigration categories such as parents, spouses and children than other family-based green card applications. 

Many immigrants to America were raised in 3 generation households, where they were cared for by their grandparents while their parents worked. Now that they are married and starting families. And they want their children to be raised by their grandparents while they work. Many immigrant grandparents come to America, not for fancy houses and cars but to care for their grandchildren and to carry-on family traditions. 

  • Grandparents can help their grandchildren learn their home country’s language.
  • Grandparents provide affordable and safe childcare.
  • Grandparents teach and instill traditional values. 

Watch: Chicago Immigration Attorney Maro Godoy Explains How to Sponsor Your Parents For A Green Card

Do You Want to Sponsor Your Parents For A Green Card?

We can help reunite your family and continue family traditions. U.S. immigration law is incredibly complex and changes frequently. Hiring an immigration attorney can save you time, stress and money. An experienced immigration lawyer can ensure no deadline is missed, all documents are submitted and you have the best possible chance for your case to succeed.

Contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322.

Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area, including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties.

Se Habla Español 

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association