We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

How Do I Get A Business Visa? | Immigration Lawyer Mario Godoy | Godoy Law Office

How Do I Get A Business Visa?

A foreign national who wants to enter the United States temporarily to do business as visitor must apply for a business visa. A B-1 visa is a United States non-immigrant business visa that permits visitors to enter the U.S. for business and work purposes. There is not a cap on U.S. business visas so there are no rules as to how many visas can be issued per year. B-1 temporary business visa holders can engage in the following activities:

• Consult with business associates

• Traveling for a scientific, educational, professional or business convention, or a conference on specific dates

• Settle an estate

• Negotiate a contract

• Participate in short-term training

• Transition through the United States

B-1 visa holders can stay in the United States for the authorized time indicated on his or her I-94 card. Typically this may consist of an authorized stay of 1 to 6 months but may qualify for an extended stay up to 1 year. If you are a citizen of one of the 38 countries in the Visa Waiver Program and are coming to the United States for 90 days or less, you will not need to apply for the U.S. business visa.

How to Apply for B-1 Visa

To apply for a B-1 business visa, you must follow these steps:

1. Complete Form DS-160, Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application

2. Pay non-refundable visa application fees

3. Schedule your visa interview

4. Prepare your B-1 visa documents

5. Attend the interview

At your port of entry, an immigration official will review then must authorize your admission to the United States, and you may be admitted for the period necessary to carry out your business activities, up to a maximum of 1 year.

It can be confusing for international students to apply and receive their student visas in a timely manner to attend their course of study.  Mario Godoy and the other experienced immigration attorneys at the Godoy Law Office can assess your situation and advise you on your best options to apply for a student visa. Call today at 855-554-6369.  

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association