We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

If you are a foreign national who is distinguished in your profession, you might be able to obtain an employment visa in Naperville, either on a temporary or permanent basis

The United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) receives thousands of applications for visas that allow immigrants to live and work in the United States. A talented Naperville employment visa lawyer may be able to assist you with your petition for this type of work permit. En Español.

Temporary Employment Visas in Naperville

In order for an American company to bring an individual to the United States for temporary work or training, they must petition on a foreign national’s behalf. The process generally begins by completing Form I-129 called the Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker.

However, supplementary documents are often necessary to accompany Form I-129. These additional papers support the assertion that it is in the country’s interest to admit a worker temporarily into the United States.

Some applications for temporary admission into the United States for work purposes do not require an I-129 form. These may include the E-1, E-2, E-3, H-1B1 Chile/Singapore, and TN visas. Additionally, companies may be able to apply for multiple workers on one form if they are seeking their admission under one of the following conditions.

  • For the exact time period
  • For the same training or work
  • Individuals participate in the same international cultural exchange program.

A seasoned employment visa lawyer in Naperville may provide advice to American companies or potential foreign workers on the necessary components of certain types of admissions.

Types of Nonimmigrant Worker Visas

Some common types of nonimmigrant employment visas require specialized skills or knowledge while others that admit religious workers.

O-1 Visa

An O-1 visa is a temporary allowance for a foreign national to work in the United States. Some requirements for admission on this type of visa include extraordinary abilities in a particular field of labor as well as exemplary education credentials. An adept employment visa attorney in Naperville may be well-versed in writing persuasive petitions for temporary work.

R-1 Visa

Religious workers may be admitted temporary into the United States on an R-1 visa. They might serve as a minister or in another religious vocation. Generally, people who receive an R-1 visa work temporarily for a non-profit or religious organization.

Employment-based Lawful Permanent Residency in Naperville

The USCIS defines an employment-based green card holder as a non-citizen worker who legally lives in America under lawfully recorded permanent residency status. The criteria for obtaining this type of green card is divided by the USCIS into categories, called preferences. A Naperville employment visa attorney might provide more information about the methods for converting a work permit to a permanent one.

Labor Certification

Some employment-based green card applications in Naperville require a labor certification. It is the employer, rather than the employee, who is responsible for this matter. Generally, a company deals with the U.S. Department of Labor for labor certifications, but sometimes USCIS becomes involved, as well.

Speak with an Employment-based Visa Attorney in Naperville

If you are in a supervisory role at an American company and need to bring foreign nationals to the United States for work or training, it might be helpful to retain an attorney to assist you.

A Naperville employment visa lawyer may be knowledgeable about the process for obtaining nonimmigrant permissions for your type of company. Call today to discuss your needs.

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association