We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

duplicate pims no longer needed for form I-129 submissions | godoy law office immigration lawyers

Duplicate PIMs No Longer Needed for Form I-129 Submissions

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) announced that a duplicate Petition for Non-Immigrant Workers (PIMs) copy is no longer needed for Form I-129 submissions unless the agency specifically asks for it.

“Due to enhanced electronic scanning capabilities and data-sharing with the U.S. Department of State, duplicate copies are no longer needed to avoid delays in consular processing.”


What Is Form I-129?

U.S.- based employers complete Form I-129 to petition USCIS for a non-immigrant worker to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor or to receive training for the following non-immigrant worker visas:

  • H-1B
  • H-2A
  • H-2B
  • H-3
  • L-1
  • O-1
  • O-2
  • P-1
  • P-1S
  • P-2
  • P-2S
  • P-3
  • P-3S
  • Q-1
  • R-1

In addition to the application form, the employer and foreign worker must also provide additional documentation. There is also an interview component to the process that most workers must comply with. The applicant is required to travel to the nearest consulate or embassy for the interview to take place.

The guidance of legal counsel could make a tremendous difference for a foreign employee. Because of this, an experienced employment immigration attorney can assist with preparing for every aspect of this process, from filing the application to preparing for an interview. With the right help, a potential immigrant might be able to secure the exact permit they need to achieve their career goals and save the employer and potential foreign employee time, stress – and money.

What Is An Employment-Based Immigration Attorney?

Experienced immigration employment immigration lawyers assist businesses and foreign professionals in achieving their goals through employment-based and entrepreneur-based visas.

Our business immigration attorneys in Oak Brook can help with a wide range of business industries, including:

  • Healthcare (including hospitals, nursing homes, physicians, registered nurses, physical therapists, medical technologists, occupational therapists and nursing assistants)
  • IT
  • Engineering
  • Entrepreneur/Start-up
  • Manufacturing
  • Business/Finance
  • Sports
  • Entertainment
  • Educational Institutions
  • Religious Institutions

Potential Types of Visas

The Oak Brook business immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office are ready to help companies and individuals obtain visas that meet their goals, including:

  • H visa: H-1B visas for professional workers in specialty occupations; H2 visas and H3 visas for specialty temporary non-agricultural workers
  • J visa: J-1 and J-2 visas for exchange visitors
  • L visa: L1-A and L1-B visas for intra-company transferees
  • E visa: for treaty traders and treaty investors
  • O visa: O-1A, O-1B and O-2 visas for extraordinary ability or internationally recognized individuals in science, education, business and athletics
  • P visa: P-1, P-1S and P-3 visas for athletes, artists, entertainers and support staff
  • R visa: for religious workers, including clergy, ministers, religious professionals and other religious workers
  • TN visa: for Canadian and Mexican NAFTA professional trade visas

We also help individuals who seek to change their visa or employment-based legal permanent residency visas in the following categories:

  • EB-1 visa: for priority workers with extraordinary ability, including professors, researchers, executives, managers and athletes – not required to obtain labor certification
  • EB-2 visa: for advanced degree professionals and professionals with extraordinary abilities in the sciences, arts or business
  • EB-3 visa: for skilled workers filling positions for which qualified U.S. workers are not available
  • EB-4 visa: for special immigrants and religious workers, including broadcasters, physicians, armed forces members, international organization employees and others
  • EB-5 visa: for investors and entrepreneurs investing a minimum of $1 million or, in a targeted employment area, a minimum of $500,000 in an enterprise that will create or preserve at least 10 full-time jobs for qualifying U.S. workers within two years

Godoy Law Office provides business immigration law counsel and representation for employers and employees in all immigration law contexts. Many businesses obtain a competitive edge by recruiting foreign business professionals for positions in their American companies. Likewise, many foreign business entrepreneurs and professionals pursue a better life for their families by coming to live and work in the United States. Contact our office or call us at 630-912-0322.  

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association