We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

Close family relationships might be better maintained if all members reside near each other in Naperville. Sometimes, if one member of the family is a United States citizen or has lawful permanent residency, other relatives could also achieve this status. If your family and you are interested in gaining LPR status, a capable Naperville family-based green card lawyer may be able to share several methods for doing so.

Most family-based petitions go through United States Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), a federal organization. When you submit a form and evidence to USCIS, you likely want the process to begin as soon as possible. As such, it may be beneficial to retain an attorney who is familiar with the necessary items that must be provided.

Family-based Green Cards in Naperville

In Naperville, noncitizens may be able to achieve lawful permanent residency via their relatives who are either green card holders or United States citizens. Some individuals who may receive a family-based green card include the following:

  • Immediate relative of a United States citizen
  • Other family member of a citizen of the U.S.
  • Family relation to a legal permanent resident
  • Intended spouse of a U.S. citizen who marries them
  • Child of the fiancé of a citizen of the United States
  • Widow or widower of U.S. citizen
  • VAWA self-petitioner

After USCIS approves a family-based petition for lawful permanent residency, recipients may be able to live and work in Naperville as long as they choose. However, some green cards must be renewed, and others may have conditions attached. A competent Naperville family-based green card attorney may be able to inform aspiring green card holders about their likelihood of eligibility for this type of relation-based authorization, as well as the processes after it is granted.

Naperville VAWA Applications

Foreign nationals who have been victims of abuse may be eligible for lawful permanent residency under VAWA, the United States Violence Against Women Act. An individual in Naperville who has suffered extreme cruelty at the hands of a U.S. citizen, parent, child, spouse, or former spouse may self-petition to USCIS for a family-based authorization to remain permanent in the United States.

Although the applicant may be called a VAWA self-petitioner, that self-petitioner may still file her forms and evidence with the assistance of counsel. A diligent family-based green card lawyer in Naperville may be willing to take on VAWA cases.

Call a Naperville Family-based Green Card Attorney

During the current political climate, the likelihood of achieving lawful permanent residency in Naperville may be diminishing. Therefore, if you are seeking a family-based green card, it may be wise to speak with an experienced immigration attorney who has developed a strong familiarity with the requirements of USCIS.

By collaborating with a seasoned counselor, you may learn how to create a persuasive application. Further, you may submit the proper documentation the first time your file your petition, rather than creating a delay when USCIS asks for more evidence.

If you are a citizen of the United States or a green card holder, and you want to help a relative to gain the same status, make an appointment to consult with a Naperville family-based green card lawyer. Call today to discuss your relative’s case and bring your family member with you to the meeting with the attorney.

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association