Corona Virus Update
We understand wholeheartedly that the current circumstances may be causing trouble for our clients, friends, and partners. We want you to know that we are here to help.
Please do not hesitate to contact us for any reason whatsoever – legal or not. If you own a business or are part of a business that needs any help, please feel free to reach out to us. We will do whatever we can to assist our community during these times.
At times like these I like to turn to lessons from other leaders of the past. I spent the weekend studying the words of a great leader that led the nation through a Great Depression. Let me share his words:
“This is pre-eminently the time to speak the truth, the whole truth, frankly and boldly. Nor need we shrink from honestly facing conditions in our country today. This great nation will endure as it has endured, will revive and prosper.
So first of all, let me assert my firm belief that the only thing we have to fear is fear itself –nameless, unreasoning unjustified terror which paralyzes needed efforts to convert retreat into advance…
Yet our distress comes from no failure of substance. We are stricken by no plague of locusts. Compared with the perils which our forefathers conquered because they believed and were not afraid, we have still much to be thankful for.”
- Franklin D. Roosevelt – Excerpt of Inaugural address, 4 March 1933
Our Firm has much to be thankful for. We have wonderful clients, friends, and employees. And despite the ongoing crisis our clients still have deadlines and court hearings that must be attended. Our firm knows that there is still a great deal of work to be done and clients to serve.
Our Firm will remain open during these times.
The situation is dynamic and information can change, but as of today, March 18, 2020, please note the following:
- We are offering you the ability to communicate with our office via telephone and/or Zoom. We are offering limited in person meetings in order to observe recommendations made by the government.
- Currently, the immigration courts are open. Some court hearings are postponed, while others will continue as planned. We will be reaching out to our clients that have had his or her immigration court proceeding postponed.
- USCIS informed that will continue operations but in-person services and citizenship ceremonies are suspended. We will be reaching out to our clients to determine if they want to postpone his or her interview.
- At this time, the Department of State has closed some embassies. We will be reaching out to our clients that have had his or her interview postponed.
- Some criminal proceedings will still be continuing. We will be reaching out to our clients that have had his or her hearings postponed.
- The methods of reaching us remain are still the same – our email addresses and phone numbers have not changed.
- We continue to remain committed to delivering outstanding client services.
If you need any help, please do not hesitate to call us.
GODOY LAW OFFICE
2 E. 22nd Street
Lombard, IL 60148