We serve immigration clients nationwide. Contact Us to schedule a consultation with one of our lawyers today.

February 3 is national wedding ring day where is your foreign fiance or spouse | godoy law office immigration lawyers

February 3 Is National Wedding Ring Day: Where Is Your Foreign Fiancé or Spouse?

February 3 is National Wedding Ring Day. It is a special occasion for all couples to embrace the vows they share and celebrate their love. It is a day for recognizing the joy, commitment and love that couples share in marriage. Not only does it celebrate wedded bliss, but also all forms of committed relationships – from fiancé to fiancee, husband to wife and same-sex partners. Immigration issues can also be front and center this day, as many foreign fiancés are unable to join in celebrating their future married life with their significant other.

For many Americans, National Wedding Ring Day is a sad reminder of loneliness because they are separated from their loved one who is a foreigner living in another country without a way to move to the United States and be with their loved one. Marrying a foreigner can bring considerable joy and happiness to your life. But it can also cause stress and cost money to navigate the confusing United States immigration system.

How to Bring a Loved One to America

National Wedding Ring Day is a day to celebrate all relationships regardless of immigration status. It is also a day to recognize the strength of love that overcomes many obstacles. If you plan to marry a foreigner, there are two basic ways you can bring your loved one to America:K-1 fiancé visa or a spousal visa. Many people confuse a K-1 visa with a K-3 spousal visa. The difference between a K-1 and a K-3 spousal visa are as follows:

  • a K-1 visa is for a foreign fiancé to come to the United States
  • a K-3 spousal visa is for a married foreign spouse of a United States Citizen to come to the U.S.

The eligibility criteria are different for each type of visa. And the wait time and cost for each type of visa differ. There are various ways to bring your foreign fiancé or spouse to America. An experienced family immigration attorney can evaluate your situation and explain the best options for your situation.

Your future spouse will need their own green card to come and live with you in the United States. On National Wedding Ring Day, whether your fiancé or spouse is here in the United States or living overseas, celebrate the joy and love you share. And if you are still working to bring your fiancé or spouse to America, use this day to recognize the strength of your commitment to reunite with them. Find out if an experienced family immigration lawyer can help you and your loved one be together.

February 3 is National Wedding Ring Day!

What Are You Waiting For? Talk To An Oak Brook Family Immigration Attorney

The experienced immigration attorneys at Godoy Law Office in Chicago and Oak Brook offer assistance in family-based immigration matters to a range of people, including spouses, same-sex couples, fiancés, parents and children. We can also advise immigrants looking to secure status as permanent residents through the process of applying for a green card or citizenship. If you need help with an immigration issue, please contact our office or call us at 630-912-0322

Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties

Se habla español. 

Lead Counsel Rated
Illinois State Bar Association
American Immigration Lawyers Association