March 1, 2022, is the first day that USCIS accepts H-1B visa applications for the 2023 H-1B visa lottery fiscal year that begins on October 1, 2022.
• A federal court struck down the Department of Homeland Security’s (DHS) proposed regulations for a wage-based selection system.
• There are 65,000 visas spots available for applicants with a bachelor’s degree. If there are more than 65000 applicants, there will be an H-1B visa lottery.
• There are an additional 20,000 visas for the master’s cap, giving individuals with advanced U.S. degrees two chances for a selection. If there are more than 20,000 applicants, there will be an H-1B master’s visa lottery.
• Employers enter individuals into the lottery online via an electronic registration process. USCIS will impose a $10 fee per registration.
• USCIS conducts an electronic randomized lottery.
• In late March, employers will receive notification on who was selected.
• Employers will have 90 days to file the H-1B petition beginning April 1, 2022.
A business immigration lawyer works with both employers who want to hire skilled foreign workers and foreign nationals who want to come to the United States to work temporarily or permanently. Contact Godoy Law Office at 630-912-0322. Godoy Law Office serves the entire Chicago, Illinois area including DuPage, Cook, Kane, Will and Lake Counties.
Se Habla Español