1: Schedule and Complete a Medical Examination
• Your medical exam must be completed before your visa interview.
• The medical exam must be by an embassy-approved doctor.
2: Register for Courier Service/Other Pre-Interview Instructions
• Review your interview location’s security and other requirements.
• Choose the city where your interview will take place from the approved interview location list.
3: Gather Documents Required for the Interview
• Review the Items Your Must Bring to Your Visa Interview
Our article Top 5 Mistakes Immigration Applicants Make at AOS Interviews provides some additional tips to prepare for your immigration interview if it is within the United States.
If you are preparing for your green card interview in the United States, you should meet with an immigration attorney to explain the immigration interview process and prepare you to answer the immigration officer’s questions. An immigration attorney can accompany you to the interview to protect your rights or clear up sources of confusion.